~In jeder Sprache wohnen andere Augen.~ ~I don't know where I am going but I am on my way.~

lundi 29 décembre 2014

In Between the Years


Vite vite avant que l'année se termine encore!

How could it happen that it is already the end of the year? 

Here are some details of how December went by:

The advents calendars for the twins had to be ready in time

24 surprises for each twin




Christmas decorations came up

the preferred place on the bar got its special message for EG






all this activity is so exhausting



first frost arrived




frosty weather is so much better than rain




the last lanterns of the Koelreuteria



a bit different table decoration inside


eventually managed to finish a birthday gift

made another birthday gift








This is my wish for all my dear readers and, of course the very recipe from Goethe's mother, Katharina Elisabeth Goethe, 1731-1808 shall not be missing. 

« Take 12 months, strip them of envy,
Bitterness, greed, pedantry and
Carve them into 30 or 31 pieces, so that the stocks will last a year.

Each day is served up individually, made of
1 part work and 2 parts cheerfulness and humour.

Add 3 heaped teaspoons of optimism,
1 teaspoon of tolerance
1 grain of irony and a pinch of tact.

The mixture is then poured over with lots of love.
Decorate the finished dish with posies of thoughtfulness
and serve it daily with merriment. »


10 commentaires:

  1. Your Christmas header is so lovely. Thank you for your kind comments. Actually, Christmas is very commercialized here, too. We have to resist that trend. I am enjoying your photos, too. I will try your recipe for the New Year. It looks very promising. See you in 2015. Happy New Year.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you, Ann and for your lovely card which arrived today -:) Happy New Year to you, too.

      Supprimer
  2. What a delightful recipe!
    How brightly your stars shine...I hope your new year will be as bright.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Dear Barbara, thank you for your nice and well said comment. Happy New Year to you!

      Supprimer
  3. Bayou, what beautiful seasonal photographs you've shown us. I absolutely love the light and the stars!

    Thank you also for that wonderfully inspiring recipe. I will try to follow it in the new year...perhaps it's good to start the preparations now,

    Best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful 2015. xo

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hello Frances, good idea to start the preparations for the recipe early. Happy New Year to you, may it bring all what you wish for. I wonder who of us is going to win the race for the move to the UK first.

      Supprimer
  4. I think I need to copy that recipe and paste it to my mirror. What a good formula for the year! Your photos are gorgeous. The house and garden are so beautiful in their winter dressing!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Dear Honora, thanks for your comment. Thinking of you.

      Supprimer
  5. All your photos are lovely – I especially like those with frost. I marvel at your embroidery – what lovely gifts you made. Mais la recette pour la nouvelle année me semble excellente et une à garder!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Coucou Vagabonde, merci de ta visite! Bonne année pour toi, Qu'elle t'apportes que des bonnes choses.

      Supprimer