~In jeder Sprache wohnen andere Augen.~ ~I don't know where I am going but I am on my way.~

lundi 6 juin 2011

Adieu Lilian



My beautiful, lovely lady, my wonderful mother-in-law is gone.

I was blessed to know her and I was honoured to stay some of her last days and nights with her. She showed me then her very first "lettre sentimentale" she had received from a smart French young man in 1940 when she was 16 years old, it was the year when her own mother died. His name was Prosper and amongst the lines was this sentence: "vous étiez si mignonne dans votre uniforme et j'adore votre sourire. Je me réjouis de vous revoir samedi prochain".
She certainly never lost that beautiful smile she had first given to him.

R.I.P. ma chère Lilian. Tu me manques.

4 commentaires:

  1. Oh how sad Bayou. What a lovely mother-in-law Lilian was and I'm so pleased you were with her towards the end. You have made me all the more grateful for my own MIL who's also a super lady.


    xx

    PS - And thank you for your kind words and good wishes. It means a lot x

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss - that smile is, indeed, lovely. It is so sad to see a generation disappear, but sweet to think of her as a slim young girl in a uniform.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I have just found this after writing you a long e mail, how very sad for you.
    My thoughts are with you all xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I am so sorry about your loss. Almost a month late I have just discovered this post. Erinnere Dich an ihr Lächeln, und sie wird ein Lächeln auf Deine Lippen zaubern.

    RépondreSupprimer